June 23, 2010

The Dollar Store Surprises

Reese's brownies

I am an equal opportunity shopper. Sure I have my favorite locations (Sprouts, Trader Joes, Fry's), but I also love grocery shopping at somewhat obscure locations. Some of these include Marshalls and duh duh duh....the dollar store. I will say that I am partial to a certain dollar store, one called 99 Cents Only. It's one of the cleanest and has the biggest variety of any chain I've visited so far. They have a huge variety of food items, which always makes me happy.

brownie mix and candy

I was visiting a few weeks ago, and picked up a snack size brownie mix. I figured the box would come in handy, and it did this weekend. Because I was going to be out of town for Father's Day, I wanted to make my dad something special for Sunday. We celebrated Saturday, but I wanted to leave him with something for the actual day. Before I left Saturday night, and while he was at a reunion, I made brownies using the mix and a Reeses candy bar. I loved the mix because it was for an 8x8 pan, perfect for a treat for my father.

I highly suggest heading to the dollar store just to look around and see what they have. Feel free to buy anything you'd like...the price is definitely right!

gooey brownies


No comments: