July 19, 2010

My New Move(s)

Folks, as promised, I said I was working on something big that was hindering my blogging. I guess I am finally ready to make my big announcement. Are you ready???? It's kind of a 3-part deal from a cause and effect standpoint.
  1. If you read my last post and were gracious enough to make a comment, you now know that Captain America is heading to Afghanistan in a month or so.  This drastically altered our plan of moving back east, since he won't be there for the next 10 months.  I had the chance to move back there anyways, but after a lot of soul searching I decided to stay in Arizona for a few more months for the following reason...
  2. I'm headed to grad school!  When I found out that the Captain would be leaving, I did a lot of thinking, and I mean A LOT of thinking, and realized that I was ready to make a change to my life.  The direction my life was headed professionally was't what I wanted and it was causing a lot of anxiety and unhappiness.  I had toyed with the idea before, to the point where I'd applied to one school and hadn't been accepted, but now I'm ready to commit to the change.  I'm going for journalism and specifically magazine writing.  I've already applied to one program and will most likely be applying to at least six.  This new journey has led me to realize I have to spend a lot of time on my writing and get myself out there, which has lead me to...
  3. I now have my own website!  This blog is moving to it's own website.  Please continue to follow me at http://www.thedeutschgirl.com/.  Everything will stay the same, even the look is the same.  I just needed to move to an easier to use program that would allow me to make myself and this blog better.  Everything that was on here is on there now too, and I've already started posting over there.  I'd really appreciate any publicity you'd like to give me, and that's my only plug about that!
So I think that covers everything for now.  Please favorite http://www.thedeutschgirl.com/ and come on over!  I'll keep this blog over for a while but any recipe is already over there waiting for you to use it.  I should be posting 3 days a week, so keep checking back for new and exciting stuff!
 

No comments: